Note: Only for Smart Trainers.
If you think your trainer giving you inappropriate resistance you should make a short test to prove if it´s SW or HW issue - or to be able to find the best solution. To be sure it´s necessary to test Trainer´s resistance both in ERG mode (Power mode in Free Ride) and
It´s necessary to ride this test in Free Ride mode so you can use and switch both “Power” and “Slope” mode during one activity. It has two parts. The first one is in “Power mode”, the second one should be ridden in “Slope mode”.
- Start the test with “Power mode” and adjust the first resistance level to 150W (pic. 1) → you have to sustain each resistance level for 1 minute and try to maintain the same cadence. There is example:
- 1 minute; 150 W; 85-90 RPM
- 1 minute; 200 W; 85-90 RPM
- 1 minute; 250 W; 85-90 RPM
- Right after the first part you need to switch into “Slope mode” (pic. 2) in Settings and start at the grade of 0% (flat). There will be the same process as in “Power mode”. You should stay at each level for 1 minute and then increase the grade.
- 1 minute; 0%; 85-90 RPM
- 1 minute; 3%; 85-90 RPM
- 1 minute; 6%; 85-90 RPM
If you find out there is something wrong
We need to analyze test results and discuss it with HW developers if we consider there is something wrong. Please make a screenshot of activity detail and send it our way with the subject “Trainer Resistance Test” directly on email@example.com .