All training records saved to the VirtualTraining portal (directly or from the desktop or tablet application, from PowerTap Mobile) that are imported from a verified source (sport tester, treadmill, ergometer, GPS…) are automatically included in the public user rankings.
The following record types are not included in the rankings:
- Manual record - Data entered in the training diary with no detail record from an external devices (sport tester, GPS, etc.)
- Training record marked as “Corrupted Record“ - Record identified by automatic check or manually by the administrator as non-compliant with one of the rules for placing the record in public rankings.
Public Rankings In General
Public rankings are always current. There are several types of rankings on the VirtualTraining portal that can be displayed for various time periods (week, month, year):
|Time||The ranking of basic user’s calculated values. Main calculated value is total training time in period. You can watch the number of active days, total number of workouts in period etc.|
|Heart Rate Zones||User ranking by time spent in each of the heart rate zones.|
|Watt Zones||User ranking by time spent in each of the load (watt) zones.|
|Energy Ranking||User ranking by total energy burnt expressed in calories.|
|Climbing Ranking||User ranking by total climbed meters.|
Prestige Award – Champion of the Week
Prestige awards are given for the past week every Monday at 15:30 CET (Europe Time):
|Athlete of the Week||User who trained most hours for the last week|
|Creator of the Week||User who created and sent most virtual routes to the portal for the last week.|
|Ranking Climber||User who climbed most places of the public rankings for the last week.|
|Calorie Burner||User who burnt most calories during training for the last week.|
|Climber of the Week||User who climbed most elevation meters in total during training for the last week.|
Training Record Control
To qualify for public rankings and records, each training record has to meet at least one of the following conditions:
- Includes a speed record and the final average speed is within the interval (2;100) km/hr
- Includes a cadence record and the final average cadence is within the interval (20;200) rev/min
- Includes a heart rate record and the final average heart rate is within the interval (90;220) rev/min
- Includes a load record and the final average load is within the interval (100;1000) watts
If none of the conditions are met, the record is automatically marked as Corrupted Record and withdrawn from the public rankings and records.
In addition, the record will be subject to further control if the average load is suspect for any reason. This verification process is carried out by the portal administrator. The record control conditions may be changed from time to time.