The driver has to be installed correctly
The CycleOps trainers are being delivered with an ANT2 USB stick. If you are on a windows computer and continue to get the below message it may be because the ANT+ USB drivers are not installed or outdated drivers are being used.
- Close the Virtual Training application
- Be sure that you have the current PowerAgent update installed: http://www.powertap.com/collections/software/products/poweragent or download the drivers from http://cdn.virtualtraining.eu/downloads/ant_usb2_drivers.zip (you have to unzip files into some folder).
- Open the Device Manager and find the ANT+ USB device
- Right click on ANT+ USB Stick and select Update Driver Software
- Choose Browse my computer for driver Software
- Choose Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Click on Have Disk
- Locate the ANT_USB_Stick_2.inf driver and select open, it should be located here:
- C:\Program Files\PowerAgent\driver\libusb (in case of PowerAgent)
- or in your folder in case of downloaded zip file
- Then press OK
- Press Next
- That should complete the install, click Close
Some computers may require a reboot at this time. Now that you have successfully updated the ANT+ drivers you can open Virtual Training and try again to connect to your ANT+ device.
Garmin software and the ANT Agent.
When things still don’t work out, the reason might be that already installed Garmin software is using the same driver. First open TASK MANAGER (push CTRL, ALT and DEL all at the same time) and go to the tab Processes. When you see ANT.AGENT32 in the list, stop this process. Start the CycleOps VirtualTraining software again and check if the trainer is now connected. In the future you can ensure that the ANT.AGENT32 doesn’t start automatically as a standard the moment you start up the PC.
Click with the right mouse button on the ANT agent icon (red circled) in the taskbar’s system tray and choose the option Exit. Close and tick off the option that allows the ANT Agent to automatically start up. Now the ANT Agent can only be started up manually through the Start menu.